Here is a cardio routine I used when I was in college. It gave me some great results, while greatly improving my endurance and speed during my weightlifting sessions. This cardio routine is quite an intense workout, and I would not recommend it to anyone who is not in decent physical shape. It combines interval training with plyometrics for the ultimate calorie incineration.
Here’s the workout:
- Intervals on treadmill @ 5 incline for 20 minutes
- 30 seconds sprinting at max speed (~8-10mph)
- 30 seconds brisk walking at 4mph
- alternate Jumping Jacks and Jumping Rope for 2 mins each for 16 minutes
- Jump Squats
- 25 reps x 5 sets with 30 second rest between
By the time you are done with this workout, I guarantee you will be wasted. If you are still not tired, try increasing the intervals to 30 mins. This routine will burn a ton of calories, and get you in great shape.